Jessica Poyer, a Daniel Barden Mudfest coordinator joined WKTV for Newstalk on Saturday.
The 6th annual Daniel Barden Mudfest is happening on April 14th.
The event, which has been coined "the Boilermaker's Dirty Little Brother," features a 5-mile race, 5K run and a kids half-mile obstacle course.
The Mudfest is known for its eclectic and creative obstacles ranging from the Warped Imagination Wall to the Irish Ninja Warrior. While the old favorites will be back, we have some new, exciting additions this year, including a Slip N' Slide!
Spectators and athletes will be treated to music along the course with Gary Robertson, Jr., The Old Main, DJ Mikey and DJ Rockin' Ron. On the big stage for the post-race party, runners and spectators will hear the Swamp Drivers, Grit n' Grace, Simple Props, Third Stone Blues and Alternate Universe. Local fare including Ray Brothers BBQ and plenty of other options from wood-fired pizza to simple treats for the kids will satisfy everyone's post-event appetite.
The Mudfest proceeds will benefit the Daniel Barden Adventure Scholarship.
Athletes may register for the Daniel Barden Mudfest at www.bardenmudfest.org online until midnight on Wednesday, April 11. In person Friday, April 12 from 4-7 at the Clinton VFW or the morning of the event at MKJ Farm in Deansboro.
- 6th annual Daniel Barden Mudfest
- NewsTalk: Daniel Barden Mudfest
- NEWSTALK: 6th annual Daniel Barden Mudfest
- Runners get muddy for the 7th annual Daniel Barden Mudfest
- Daniel Barden Mudfest inspires confidence in high school-bound teens
- NewsTalk: 6th annual Steps2Cure NF Walk in Camden
- A sneak peak at Mudfest 2019
- NewsTalk: 12th Annual Mott Marathon
- Newstalk: Annual Festival of Baskets
- Mug Club: 6th Annual CNY Mom Prom