The YWCA is calling for nominations for its annual "Salute to Outstanding Women". The deadline to make a nomination is February 16th.
These are the categories:
• Education: Teachers, instructors, administrators, community educators, coaches, mentors, professors, librarians, tutors, etc.
• Entrepreneur: Individuals who have started their own business, large or small, store front or online, etc.
• Healthcare: Physicians, nurses, healthcare professionals, opticians, dentists, therapists, health aides, pharmacists, etc.
• Human and Public Service: Law enforcement, fire department, armed forces, EMT, social workers, non-profit employees, etc.
• Outstanding Youth: Young women, age 17 or under, who deserve recognition for their school-related or academic achievements, and/or volunteer and community contributions.
• Professions/Business & Industry: Employees of all levels in any profession, business, or industry. Includes, but is not limited to, formal education, training, or skills – attorneys, accountants, construction, marketing, etc.
• Social Justice: Individual who works to open the doors of access and opportunity for everyone, particularly those in greatest need.
• STEAM: Individuals working in and/or promoting science, technology, engineering, art, or mathematics in any field.
• Unsung Heroine: An individual who works continuously and tirelessly behind the scenes, goes the extra mile with little thanks, or has made an outstanding contribution to their community.
To nominate Outstanding Women visit www.ywcamv.org/salute.
The annual recognition luncheon is May 17th.
- NEWSTALK: Salute to Outstanding Women
- YWCA Mohawk Valley salutes outstanding women in the community
- YWCA Mohawk Valley celebrates 30th annual Salute to Outstanding Women Awards
- Recognizing outstanding performance on duty
- NewsTalk: Women's March in Utica
- NewsTalk: Women of Worship Awards
- Newstalk Women of Worship Awards
- Newstalk: Staffworks
- Whitesboro woman awarded for outstanding contributions as a senior citizen
- NewsTalk: Abigail's Athletes