HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP) - The Latest on the New York state Democratic convention (all times local):
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has easily won the Democratic Party's nomination for a third term.
Cuomo won more than 95 percent of the votes cast by delegates at the party's convention Wednesday on Long Island.
"Sex and the City" star and liberal activist Cynthia Nixon won less than 5 percent of the vote in the process, largely controlled by Cuomo supporters. She can still secure a place on September's Democratic primary ballot by collecting voter signatures.
Republicans are holding their convention in Manhattan, where they nominated Dutchess County Executive Marc Molinaro as their candidate for governor on Wednesday.
Former secretary of state, U.S. senator and presidential candidate Hillary Clinton plans to address the Democratic convention later Wednesday. Former Vice President Joe Biden is scheduled to speak to delegates on Thursday.
Hillary Clinton plans to address New York state Democrats at the party's nominating convention on Long Island.
The former secretary of state, U.S. senator and Democratic presidential nominee will speak Wednesday afternoon on the first day of the two-day gathering.
At the convention, the party will nominate its candidate to succeed ex-Democratic Attorney General Eric Schneiderman, who resigned earlier this month amid allegations that he assaulted four women he dated.
Delegates also will endorse a candidate in the race for governor, where two-term Gov. Andrew Cuomo faces a fall primary challenge from "Sex and the City" actress and activist Cynthia Nixon
President Donald Trump, who defeated Clinton in the 2016 election, also is scheduled to travel to Long Island on Wednesday to speak about gang violence.
- NY Gov. Cuomo wins Democratic nod for 3rd term
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo wins third term
- NY Gov. Cuomo announces anti-discrimination initiatives
- Gov. Cuomo: 'I plan to run for a fourth term'
- Some details of NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo's state budget proposal
- NY Gov. Cuomo's favorability, re-election ratings tumble
- NY Gov. Cuomo signs bill to move primary election date
- Gov. Cuomo proposes banning offshore drilling in NY's waters
- Cuomo, Molinaro spar over debates in NY gov race