ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - Gambling regulators in New York have voted to allow sports betting at four upstate casinos.
The state's Gaming Commission approved regulations Monday that will permit wagers at Resorts World Catskills in Monticello, Rivers Casino and Resort in Schenectady, Tioga Downs in the Southern Tier and Del Lago Resort and Casino in the Finger Lakes.
Bets won't start until the facilities receive their wagering licenses, however, which is likely to be later this summer. The state's tribal casinos also plan to allow wagers too.
The Commission initially endorsed the idea of allowing sports wagering at the four facilities earlier this year. Legislation that would authorize wagers at sporting venues or on mobile devices has been introduced but has so far not received a vote in the Legislature.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- NY OKs regulations for sports bets in 4 upstate casinos
- Sports betting at Upstate NY casinos can begin in May
- Legal sports betting begins in Upstate New York
- Picente: U District casino has advantage over other Upstate casinos
- NY lawmakers mull sports betting on mobile devices
- Sen. Schumer announces upstate NY infrastructure proposal
- Sibling rockers defend Upstate NY 'Simpsons' portrayal
- Jackpot elusive for 3 new upstate New York casinos
- NY lawmakers to review regulations on Bitcoin
- Schumer takes fight against GOP tax plan to upstate NY