HERKIMER – A New York City man is facing charges after he allegedly stole money from someone’s pocket, according to the Herkimer Police Department.
Around 6 p.m. Saturday, Herkimer police received a report from someone claiming that a man had taken money from him. Police say an investigation found that the suspect allegedly reached into the victim’s pocket and stole an envelope with more than $100 in cash inside it, then fled the scene on foot.
With the help of witnesses, police found the suspect, 20-year-old Angel Cardona of New York City, on North Main Street in Herkimer. He was taken into police custody and charged with fourth-degree grand larceny.
Cardona was arraigned in the Village of Herkimer Court and sent to the Herkimer County Jail on $2,000 cash bail or $4,000 bond.
- NYC man accused of stealing money in Herkimer
- Herkimer man accused of stealing credit card from job site
- Herkimer man accused of rummaging through vehicles
- Herkimer man on probation now accused of possessing child porn
- Utica man accused of lewd act inside Herkimer convenience store
- Herkimer man accused of violating order of protection, threatening police
- Herkimer man accused of possessing cocaine inside county jail
- Herkimer man accused of slapping Tony's employee's butt
- Utica man accused of selling untaxed cigarettes at Herkimer store
- Herkimer woman accused of welfare fraud