NEW YORK (AP) - Police are searching for a man they say tried to mug a New York City subway passenger in what was being investigated as an anti-Asian hate crime. Police said on Saturday that the suspect was panhandling when he approached the Asian victim earlier this week while a train was approaching a midtown Manhattan station. They say the suspect asked the victim if he was Chinese and threatened his life before trying to grab his bag and mobile phone.
Police are searching for a man they say tried to mug a New York City subway passenger in what was being investigated as an anti-Asian hate crime.
Posted: May 29, 2021 9:54 AM
- NYC police seek suspect in anti-Asian subway mugging attempt
- Police seek attacker in hate-crime NYC subway assault
- Subway bomb suspect charged
- NYC rally condemns attacks on people of Asian descent
- 2 killed, 2 injured in NYC subway stabbing attacks
- Four men arrested in slashings on NYC subway
- Senate overwhelmingly passes anti-Asian hate crimes bill
- Police locate teen suspect in death of NYC college student
- Suspect wanted for attempted murder in NYC arrested during Utica traffic stop
- Oneida police searching for attempted arson suspect
Scroll for more content...