The Great New York State Fair has announced a contest to find a couple who would like to get married at this year’s fair – on ice.
A temporary ice rink will be set up inside the brand-new Exposition Center, and it will host events such as hockey, broomball, curling, figure skating and more. At 2 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 1, the fair will be holding a wedding – and all that’s needed is the bride and groom!
The fair will provide the officiant, but the couple can bring their own if they wish. The fair will also provide a photographer, and after the wedding they’ll get a private, catered reception with live music, hors d’oeuvres and cocktails for up to 50 guests.
Couples must have a marriage license for the ceremony.
If you’re interested in entering the contest, you can post a photo and the story of how you met on the fair's Facebook post here.
Entries can be submitted until July 31, and then a winner will be chosen at random. Ten other entries will also be chosen at random to win two single-day admissions and a parking pass for the fair.
- NYS Fair seeks couple to get married on ice - for free!
- The scoop on dairy-free 'ice creams'
- Mug Club: Free Ice Cream Social
- NY couple pleads guilty to prison TV fraud
- Health inspectors detail food violations at NY State Fair
- Big & Rich joins Chevy Court lineup for 2018 NYS Fair
- The Temptations to perform in Chevy Court for NYS Fair
- Butter sculpture unveiled at NYS Fair (Spoiler alert!)
- NY state prison inmates to receive free computer tablets
- Camping newbies can get free sites at NYS campgrounds