12:05 P.M. - UPDATE : National Grid says there was a transformer problem in Schuyler. They are working on the problem. They have the number of outages down to about 5,000 homes and hope to have those remaining homes without power back up in the next hour.
Deerfield, N.Y. - We here at WKTV had the power go off about 11:25 A.M. Saturday monring and it immediately came back on, but we are receiving calls from area residents in Schuyler and in east Utica, saying they and many of their neighbors are now without power.
National Grid's website shows, 7,360 customers are without power in the Utica area at this hour.
We do have a call in to National Grid to try to get more information.
As soon as we do get more information regarding the outage, we will pass it along right here on wktv.com.
- UPDATE - National Grid reporting power outage in Utica area
- National Grid offers tips to keep yourself and home safe during power outage
- UPDATE: Widespread power outage mostly restored
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office investigating National Grid phone scam
- National Grid offers tips to save energy while keeping cool
- National Grid could be penalized for Little Falls house explosion
- Storm damage causes power outages throughout the area
- Power outages reported in City of Oneida and Verona
- National Grid urges customers to use caution to prevent gas leaks
- Gas prices down nationally, but what about the Utica area?