Daniel Nellis, the man who killed a St. Johnsville woman in 2018 was sentenced to 40 years to life in prison.
Michaela MacVilla went missing last September after leaving her job. Her body was found days later in a field in Fulton County.
Prosecutors say Nellis' DNA was found on MacVilla's clothes and under her fingernails.
Nellis is planning an appeal.
- Nellis sentenced to 40 years to life for killing St. Johnsville woman
- Nellis found guilty of killing 21-year-old St. Johnsville woman
- Missing St. Johnsville woman found dead
- Oppenheim man charged with murdering St. Johnsville woman
- Police ask for help locating missing St. Johnsville woman
- Police still searching for missing St. Johnsville woman
- Jury deliberating fate of man accused of killing St. Johnsville woman
- St. Johnsville man charged following months-long theft investigation
- Cause of St. Johnsville house fire under investigation
- Phone records released in St. Johnsville murder investigation