THENDARA, NY - Filming has begun at the Van Aukens Inne near Old Forge for a Netflix original movie called "The Half of It".
The movie is written and directed by Alice Wu.
The film is set in eastern Washington State and follows a woman named Ellie Chu, who feels isolated and friendless in her remote, backwater town.
Executive producers say that the Van Aukens Inne is more than just another movie scene.
"We're very excited, you know. This train depot was the missing component in our location scouting, and it's a huge part of our story. So the fact that we found it in New York State was very exciting to us," said executive producer Erica Matlin.
Filming at the Van Aukens Inne will continue through this week. Filming for the entire movie is set to be complete in June.
- Netflix movie filming at Thendara's Van Aukens Inne this week
- High budget movie filming in downtown Utica?
- Trailer released for movie partially filmed in Little Falls
- Independent film shoot highlights Utica's push for more movie projects
- Extras needed for hockey-themed movie filming in Clinton
- Hart's Hill Inn hosts Pink Tie Gala
- 'We the Animals': Movie shot in Utica back in 2016 now streaming on Netflix
- Van fire in Utica
- Casting call in Utica this weekend for movie being filmed locally
- Netflix prices are going up