HERKIMER – Unofficial results are in for the race for mayor of Herkimer.
The Herkimer village clerk tells NewsChannel 2 that as of Wednesday morning Democrat Mark Netti has defeated Republican Tony Brindisi 337-316.
Brindisi is a one-term incumbent seeking reelection to a four-year term. Netti, the challenger, served as a village trustee from 2002-2012.
The village clerk says ballots will continue to be recanvassed throughout the day Wednesday. Official results will be announced at a meeting at the Herkimer village hall at 6:00 p.m.
PREVIOUS COVERAGE: Herkimer mayoral candidates discuss future plans for village
- Netti unofficially defeats Brindisi in Herkimer mayoral election
- Recount shows Netti defeats Brindisi by 11 votes
- Herkimer Mayor Mark Netti sworn in at board meeting
- May defeats Valesky, Seward re-elected in unofficial state Senate results
- Brindisi Holds Town Hall in Herkimer County
- Devlin unofficially wins re-election as Otsego County sheriff
- Herkimer Mayor to the Herkimer County IDA : "Take responsibility"
- Herkimer Mayor : "I cried a lot yesterday"
- Election Day 2017: Herkimer County races
- Herkimer County Board of Elections seeks Election Day workers