UTICA, N.Y. -- It's official, the Utica Common Council has approved the business plans for the Fitness Mill to come to Utica.
Alex Carbone, owner of the Fitness Mill, unveiled his proposed location for the gym in early June.
The Fitness Mill is now located in New York Mills. The new location is at 1532 Oriskany Street. It's the site of a former auto parts warehouse.
The new Oriskany Street location will now be turned into a brand new, state-of-the-art gym.
Alex Carbone offered up $400,000 for the property. The city plans to demolish the building on the site.
Carbone wants to have shovels in the ground this fall.
And as of right now, an indoor pool is part of the plan.
- New Fitness Mill site approved for Utica
- Will the Fitness Mill be moving to Utica?
- Hartwick officials approve site for new hotel
- NY Mills remembers 9-11
- Utica school board approves 2019-2020 budget
- Utica Common Council approves Parks Master Plan
- 2-car crash outside Planet Fitness in north Utica
- Farmers, Food & Fitness
- Farmers, food, and fitness
- MVHS has finalized site plan for new downtown Utica hospital