UPDATE- New Hartford Police have confirmed Shawnna Lopez has been located and is safe.
The investigation is still ongoing and more information will be released as soon as it's made available.
NEW HARTFORD – New Hartford police are asking for the public’s help locating a missing girl who they say may have run away from home.
Police say Friday morning 13-year-old Shawnna Lopez’s mother discovered she was missing from the family's home. Police say Lopez left the house “with several personal items leading investigators to conclude that she was not intending on returning home.” Police say Shawnna’s cell phone is off, and friends and family are unable to reach her.
Police say Lopez is considered an “endangered” runaway because she appears to have met with someone after she left home.
Lopez is described as standing 5’5” tall and weighing 130 pounds. She has dark brown hair with purple highlights, brown eyes, and black and pink Nike sneakers. She was last seen at home around midnight Friday.
Police ask anyone who has information about Lopez to call 911.
- UPDATE: Missing New Hartford teen is found
- UPDATE: Missing New Hartford teens found
- UPDATE: New Hartford police say missing teen found safe
- UPDATE: Missing Frankfort teen found in Utica
- UPDATE: Missing Verona man found
- UPDATE: Missing teen has been located safely
- UPDATE: 'Runaway' Ilion teen found safe
- Update: Missing Herkimer Girl Found Safe
- UPDATE: New Hartford pup returns home!
- Missing Auburn teen, allegedly seen in Utica, found safe