NEW HARTFORD, N.Y. - Patricia Moran and Michael Curriere met in August 2018 after Preswick Glen hosted a speed dating event, and they have been in love ever since.
Thursday night, the couple spent their first Valentine's Day together, enjoying dinner and fireworks at Preswick Glen, where they first met.
“I met a lot of nice people but not anyone like him," Moran said.
Their relationship didn't start out so good though, because when Curriere called Moran, she thought it was someone else.
“He called me and I thought it was the other person and I said 'don’t call me again, I don’t want to see you,'” Moran said.
Curriere said he just let her talk, and then hung up.
“I told my children she was a wacko," Curriere said.
When the two finally got together for a first date, they hit it off right away, and they have been inseparable ever since. The couple say they everything together.
“I’m glad I got a companion," Curriere said.
Moran and Curriere say that it doesn't matter what age you are, love can happen when you least expect it.
“You know, you can look and hope for a long time but it will happen," Moran said.
They say that even at their age, things aren't always perfect.
“At first he’ll say whats wrong, and I say nothing, nothing, and then I have to tell him," Moran said.
"I can tell when she’s disturbed," Curriere said.
Curriere says it's important to not argue, life is too short to be mad at eachother.
“We don’t get mad, we get even,” Curriere said.
The couple offered up some advice when it comes to relationships.
“You want to remember that the best things in life are free," Curriere said.
"You have to speak your mind, you have to be truthful, and have a sense of humor," Moran said.
- New Hartford couple proves love is ageless
- Colgate freshman proves "UCan" make a difference
- Love continues in New Hartford as part of Brindisi's 'Valentine's for Vets' program
- Couple charged in connection to thefts in New Hartford earlier this year
- New Hartford Budget Gap Fixed
- Power restored in New Hartford
- House Fire in New Hartford
- New Hartford police seek larceny suspect
- New Hartford Police : Shoppers...bring your patience
- Woman killed in New Hartford house fire