NEW HARTFORD, NY – An Oneida County man is under arrest after police say he exposed himself in a grocery store last month.
Police say 40-year-old Jared Gawlas of New Hartford is charged with one count of indecent exposure of a person, which is a violation. He is accused of walking through the Hannaford on January 23 with his genitals exposed. Police say store employees received complaints from customers, and management asked Gawlas to leave.
New Hartford Police subsequently posted surveillance photos of the suspect on Facebook, asking for the public’s help identifying him. He was identified and arrested earlier this week.
Gawlas is scheduled to appear in New Hartford Town Court to answer the charge at an unspecified later date.
- New Hartford man accused of exposing himself in grocery store
- Grocery store closing up after 100 years
- Court approves Tops grocery store restructuring plan
- Utica man accused of trying to rob New Hartford convenience store
- Chanatry's Great Grocery Grab
- Shoppers flood local grocery stores ahead of winter storm
- Utica man accused of attempted burglary in New Hartford
- New Hartford man accused of driving drunk on the Thruway
- Utica woman accused of stealing from several stores in New Hartford
- New toy store opens in New Hartford Shopping Plaza