A New Hartford man was injured in a two-car crash in the town of Verona Tuesday night, according to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies say around 9:31 p.m., 36-year-old Jason Defelice of Durhamville was driving a 2007 Chevrolet pickup truck that was pulling a trailer southbound on State Route 31 when he missed the turn for Germany Road and started to back up the truck.
The trailer then jackknifed sideways into the southbound lane, and 54-year-old William Monohan of New Hartford, who was driving a 2003 Honda sedan southbound on State Route 31, couldn’t see the sideways trailer and struck it on the driver’s side of the trailer.
Deputies say Monohan received what appeared to be minor injuries in the crash and he was transported to St. Elizabeth Medical Center by Vineall Ambulance for further evaluation. Nobody else was injured in the crash.
Defelice was issued a traffic ticket for unsafe backing and he’s scheduled to appear in Verona Town Court at a later date.
The Verona Fire Department also assisted at the scene.
- New Hartford man injured in Verona crash
- Clinton man injured in 1-car crash in Verona
- 1 person injured in Verona crash involving FedEx truck
- New Hartford woman injured in Higby Road crash
- 3 people injured in 2-vehicle crash in New Hartford
- UPDATE: Missing Verona man found
- UPDATE: Syracuse man killed in Verona Thruway crash
- Verona Beach man accused of raping child
- Kirkville man arrested following Verona domestic dispute
- UPDATE: Police ID New Hartford man killed in motorcycle crash