New Hartford seniors celebrated St. Patrick’s Day a little early on Thursday to highlight the sacrifices made by first responders.
Locals gathered to raise both the American and Irish flags in honor of those who answer the call day after day.
Local officials, including the Oneida County sheriff and the New Hartford mayor and town supervisor were on hand to celebrate the courageous acts performed by police, fire and EMS crews on a daily basis.
“We are fortunate to have these people and they do an outstanding job, and they need to be thanked. So this is our first priority,” Eileen Spellman, executive director of the New Hartford Senior Center.
Students from Bradley Elementary were also on hand to play music and partake in an Irish dance.
- New Hartford seniors honor local first responders
- Local senior volunteers honored for National Service Recognition Day
- Whitesboro seniors lead the way as Warriors beat New Hartford
- RCIL holds fundraiser to help local seniors
- Local shoppers take on Black Friday in New Hartford area
- New Hartford Budget Gap Fixed
- Power restored in New Hartford
- House Fire in New Hartford
- Local first responders head to agriculture class
- First responders honored for saving family from carbon monoxide poisoning