NEW HARTFORD, N.Y. -- You might have noticed crews working on Genesee Street, in New Hartford, near Daylight Donuts.
It wasn't a water main break, it was a leak, detected using the Mohawk Valley Water Authority's leak detection system.
It allows crews to listen for leaks in the system, before a water main break occurs and the water pours onto roadways.
The water authority says they didn't have to turn off the water Thursday to fix the problem.
- New Hartford water leak detected, repaired
- Roof leaks plague New Hartford Shopping Center businesses
- Residents under boil water advisory as crews work to repair New Hartford main
- UPDATE: Whitesboro water main break repaired
- UPDATE: Boil water advisory in New Hartford has been lifted
- UPDATE:Boil water advisory lifted for New Hartford and Utica
- UPDATE: Pressure buildup caused water main break in New Hartford
- New Hartford Boil Water Advisory has been lifted
- UPDATE: Water main repaired in Ilion following overnight break
- Bridgewater residents to experience low water pressure during system repairs