KIRKLAND – A New Hartford woman is facing a felony charge after she allegedly stole money from the Kirkland Arts Center while she worked there, according to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office.
Jennifer Walker, 47, is charged with felony fourth-degree grand larceny.
Deputies say on Oct. 12, they received a larceny complaint from the Kirkland Arts Center in the town of Kirkland. Deputies say a lengthy investigation found that while Walker was an employee of the arts center, she created a PayPal account for the nonprofit agency.
The PayPal account was used to take in funds for programming at the Kirkland Arts Center, but Walker also used it over the course of several years to make numerous personal transactions that added up to thousands of dollars, according to deputies.
Walker was arrested by deputies and then released on an appearance ticket. She’s scheduled to appear in the Town of Kirkland Court on Oct. 30.
- New Hartford woman accused of stealing from Kirkland Arts Center
- Kirkland woman accused of injuring child while disciplining them
- Structure Fire Reported in Kirkland
- Utica woman accused of stealing from several stores in New Hartford
- Case against Utica man accused in Kirkland fatal crash adjourned
- Kirkland woman asking dog owners to obey the law
- Clark Mills woman critically injured in Kirkland crash
- Cause of Kirkland fatal crash still unknown
- Police: Woman seen on surveillance video stealing from New Hartford JCP
- Rome woman accused of stealing $12K from elderly man