A Christmas present came early today for a local fire department.
Eric Centro, who owns E. Centro Welding in Rome, hand-made a rescue sled and donated it to the New London Fire Department.
This is the third sled Centro has made and delivered to a Rome-area volunteer fire department. The first two went to Taberg and Camden.
New London’s fire chief says this is one valuable, life-saving tool. He says if his department is ever called to a snowmobile accident in a remote area, having this specially designed rescue sled will help transport the patient that much quicker and that time savings could definitely mean the difference between life and death.
"It takes a long time to walk through the snow, but with one of these here, we'll be in and out,” said New London Fire Chief Gene Carey. “This is wonderful, this is absolutely wonderful."
Centro says he will soon begin building a fourth sled for yet another local fire department, but he hasn't announced who will be getting it.
- New London Fire Dept. receives homemade sled from local business owner
- Harried Housewife: Homemade Strawberry Syrup
- Local women artists and business owners reject competition, embrace collaboration
- Local business owners on Governor's proposal to shift tax liability
- Snowstorm affects local businesses
- Local K-9 Dog Receives Narcan
- Mug Club: Willowvale Fire Dept. Bingo Benefit for Believe 271
- Maryland business owners share input on town's comprehensive plan
- Local towns to receive state aid
- Small Business Saturday has become a big day for small business owners