UTICA, N.Y. – A new multi-million dollar field has been revealed at Proctor Park.
The new Sal Longo Field was named after the owner of Northern Safety, who wanted to give back to the community and allow local kids to enjoy outdoor activities.
Longo himself played in the park as a child, and donated money for the new field last summer. Work on the field began shortly afterward.
Community members stopped by the park Thursday to see the new field.
"Being in Central New York with the way that the weather is -- fall and spring. There's more opportunities for these kids to get out and play. It's pretty exciting that's why I came over to see what was going on," said Kristi Peterson, a resident of Utica.
The Proctor High School football team and Notre Dame girls’ soccer team have already used the field for practice.
- New Sal Longo Field opens at Proctor Park
- Sal Longo Field construction begins at Utica's TR Proctor Park
- Sal Longo Field up and Running!
- Proctor High School athletic field renovations underway
- Veterans Day Run at Proctor Park
- Bridge restoration project completed in Proctor Park
- Palmieri announces new athletic field to be built at Proctor Park this fall
- Utica police will be regularly patrolling Proctor Park
- Proctor Park hosts "Stop The Violence Kickball Tournament"
- Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Festival returns Tuesday