UTICA- It is a special day for kids at the Children’s Museum, with the opening of a new children's mechanic shop. Bohling’s Auto Service, the 63 year old auto service shop in Utica, has now expanded their craft to the Children’s Museum in the Bagg Square area.
On Friday morning, Kids of Oneida and Bohling's Auto Service cut the red ribbon to their new shop. Longtime owner of the auto service shop, Larry Bohling is honored to be able to give back.
“I was very honored to be asked,” said Larry Bohling, owner of Bohling Auto Service. “I would like to continue to add to it so it is always changing so when the kids come back there will be something different.”
Bohling hopes for the kids auto shop to serve as a learning tool for kids to see how cars work. The children’s shop includes tools for kids to explore, an auto battery display, real Torres and examples of what good and bad shocks and oil look like.
The Bohling’s children shop is one of ten shops the Children’s museum hosts. “We are excited to have this new location for Bohling’s located on our Main Street display,” said Steven Bulger, Executive Director for Kid’s of Oneida. “And we are excited to have Larry Bohling and four generations of family come back here and give back to the community.”
- New storefront for Utica Children's Museum
- Car crashes through Rome storefront
- Utica Children's Museum weighing its options
- Utica Children’s Museum celebrates 55 years
- Science Saturday at the Utica Childrens Museum
- Kids Oneida to provide support to Utica Children's Museum
- Utica Children's Museum keeping kids busy on winter break
- Utica Children's Museum welcomes JAY-K to Main Street
- Adoptable animals visited Utica Children's Museum for Pet Day
- Utica Children's Museum accepting entries for singing competition