NEW YORK MILLS - An Oneida County man is under arrest after police say he violently shook a baby in his home.
Sheriff's deputies say 30-year-old Angel Quinones Jr. of New York Mills shook a two-month-old baby on or around August 2nd, causing injuries to the baby's brain, eye and abdomen.
The alleged incident happened at Quinones's home in New York Mills.
The child was brought to Upstate University Hospital in Syracuse and has since been released.
Quinones is charged with felony reckless assault of a child. He is being held in the Oneida County Jail awaiting his arraignment. An order of protection has been issued on behalf of the child.
- New York Mills man arrested for allegedly shaking 2-month-old baby
- Gunfire exchange in New York Mills leads to arrest
- New York Mills celebrates Polish heritage
- Water Main break in New York Mills
- Increased patrols at New York Mills School
- UPDATE: Missing New York Mills man found safe
- New York Mills man accused of stalking, forgery and impersonation
- Health care shake-up ahead?
- Multiple shots fired at Twin Ponds in New York Mills
- Walkers brave Heartbreak Hill in New York Mills