ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - New York lawmakers have finalized an agreement to legalize recreational marijuana sales to adults over the age of 21. The state has come close to passing marijuana legislation several times but until now has been unable to finalize a deal. New York joins at least 14 other states that allow residents to buy marijuana for recreational, and not just medical, use. Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo has made legalization a priority for his administration this year. His office has estimated that once a legal marijuana industry is fully mature, it could bring the state about $350 million annually.
New York lawmakers have finalized an agreement to legalize recreational marijuana sales to adults over the age of 21.
Posted: Mar 28, 2021 10:36 AM
- New York lawmakers agree to legalize recreational marijuana
- Legalizing Recreational Marijuana in NY
- Locals Weigh in on Legalizing Recreational Marijuana in New York
- Gov. Cuomo signs bill legalizing recreational marijuana in New York
- New York lawmakers reach a deal to legalize recreational marijuana, source says
- Debate reignited on legalizing recreational marijuana in NYS
- Report details cost of recreational marijuana legalization to law enforcement
- Cuomo calls for legalization of recreational marijuana in NY
- Reports: NY lawmakers, Cuomo reach agreement to legalize marijuana
- New York Assembly to hold hearings on legalizing marijuana
Scroll for more content...