NEW YORK (AP) - New York has a new license plate that features several of the state's famous landmarks.
The Department of Motor Vehicles announced the design Friday based on the results of a statewide survey.
The winning plate showcases iconic settings like the Statue of Liberty, Niagara Falls and the Montauk Lighthouse.
It also features the state motto "Excelsior," a Latin word meaning "ever upward," and a blue-and-yellow color scheme on a white background.
DMV Commissioner Mark Schroeder says some 325,000 New Yorkers participated in the survey. About half of them selected the winning design over four other options.
He said the design represents "what the Empire State is all about- our diversity, our unparalleled architecture and natural beauty."
The new license plate costs $25 and will be available to motorists in April.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- New York reveals new license plate design featuring state landmarks
- Vote for your favorite New York State license plate design
- Dealing with Bum License Plates
- New York State officials join together to push back on new license plate fees
- Rome man accused of stealing police license plate
- Lawmakers push back on new license plates and fees
- State backs down as poll shows New Yorkers not in favor of new license plate requirement
- Emojis on license plates? LOL it's about to be a thing
- Tedisco calls for public hearing to dispute proposed license plate fees
- New York selling hunting licenses for upcoming season