PROSPECT- Prospect Ambulance Company changes its name after an agreement between Steuben, Trenton, and Remsen.
The three towns, along with Prospect Ambulance Company decided on the name "STaR Ambulance." The "S" stands for Steuben, the "T" stands for Trenton and the "R" is for Remsen, so it's called Steuben, Trenton, AND Remsen ambulance.
The three towns signed an agreement in April that would allow the company to run for a longer period of time, and upgrade some of their equipment, which includes a new ambulance. This ambulance is much bigger, and has more space so patients can get more personalized care. "We can actually have two and three providers now working on a patient opposed to the van style where one or two is the max," said the President for STaR Ambulance, Scott Kahl.
The cost of the ambulance was $105,000. The supervisor for the town of Trenton said this agreement and the name change is a good sign for the future. "We are still looking in the future to build a new facility so thats kind of our big goal in the future," said Joseph Smith.
The new amulance will be up and running by the end of the week.
- New beginnings, new names
- Royal baby name announced
- Jury begins deliberating Conley's fate
- Local restaurant begins accepting Bitcoin
- Walk with the mayor begins
- IHOP changing name to IHOB
- Kaitlyn Conley murder trial to begin Monday
- Runners begin 10-mile course from Stittville
- Hasbro begins program to recycle toys
- Corruption trial begins in Buffalo Billion case