The Oneida County Board of Legislators approved legislation Wednesday that establishes a snowmobile season in the county.
The season will start one day after the last day of ‘big game’ season, and run through April 15.
Guidelines are included in the legislation that protect landowners who have trails on their property.
There are more than 600 miles of groomed trails and 13 snowmobiled clubs in Oneida County.
The proposed law was introduced in September.
- New law establishes snowmobile season in Oneida County
- County seeks to establish snowmobile season with new legislation
- Gearing up for snowmobile season
- Oneida County awarded $40K to improve snowmobile trails
- Rome Snowmobile Patrol
- Are Snowmobiles Too Loud?
- Vintage snowmobiles and tradition
- Snowmobile Safety Tips
- Snowmobiles and bathing suits
- Snowmobile safety crackdown