UTICA, N.Y. -- There's a new turn signal at the intersection of Route 5S and Genesee Street, in Utica.
The state Department of Transportation had the area closed to traffic Tuesday, while it installed the light.
The light is a left turn signal for drivers turning from the westbound lane of Route 5S onto Genesee street southbound.
The purpose it to alleviate traffic delays during the construction of Route 5S.
- New left turn signal installed at Route 5S, Genesee Street intersection
- Route 5S construction update
- Traffic Alert: Crews paving Genesee Street intersection through Tuesday afternoon
- TRAVEL ADVISORY: Lane closures for Route 5S
- Bridge construction will cause Genesee Street and Route 8 closures
- Street Corner Market opens on Genesee Street
- UPDATE: State Route 5S reopened in German Flatts
- UPDATE: State Route 5S reopened between Herkimer, Little Falls
- Law enforcement investigating crash on Route 5S in Mohawk
- Crash closed portion of Route 5S in Herkimer County