ROME – Southern Tier artist James Seaman has installed a new scuplture called "Nature's Wrath" at the Griffiss International Sculpture Garden.
The sculpture is located at the second round-about on the newly constructed Route 825.
The sculpture features an eagle resting on two draped American flags, which are composed of carbon steel for the red stripes (it will rust over time to make it red), and stainless steel for the white stripes and stars. The eagle body and wings are made of carbon steel and the head and the tail will be formed out of stainless steel.
"Nature's Wrath" is 12 feet tall with a wing span of 23 feet.
- New sculpture added to Griffiss International Sculpture Garden
- New sculptures installed at Rome's Griffiss Park
- Sculpture Space turning recyclables into art
- New sculpture in Niagara Falls pays tribute to waterfalls
- Butter sculpture unveiled at NYS Fair (Spoiler alert!)
- 'Ball Circus' sculpture from NY mall listed on Craigslist
- UPDATE: Helicopter crash at Griffiss International Airport under investigation
- Griffo announces $800K for drone technology at Griffiss International Airport
- FULL VIDEO: President Trump arrives at Griffiss International Airport
- Fighter Jets return to Griffiss