VERNON, N.Y. – The Utica-Rome Speedway is slated to officially open Sunday with some improvements made to the track.
According to their website Sunday, May 6th will be the first full point event for the DIRTcar 358-Modifieds, the Broedel Energy DIRTcar Sportsman and the Ted’s Body Shop DIRTcar Pro Stocks. The Rookie Sportsman will round out the PICK 4 program.
The track promotor said they’ve put down new clay to fill in some of the soft spots.
“The sunshine has definitely helped,” Bill Shea said. “We just want to give the surface a couple more days to dry out. The nice weather is definitely helping.”
Opening night will get underway at 6 p.m. with grandstand gates opening at 3:30 p.m. Tickets on Budweiser, VP Race Fuels, and Wilber-Duck Chevrolet Night for the grandstands are just $13. Seniors/Students/Military are $10. Kids under 16 are free.
- New season at Utica-Rome Speedway begins May 6
- Ready, get set, go, to the Utica-Rome Speedway!
- NASCAR's Tony Stewart is coming to Utica-Rome Speedway
- Tony Stewart finishes second at Utica-Rome Speedway
- Tony Stewart's All-Star Visit to Utica-Rome Speedway cancelled due to rain
- City of Utica and Rome Pools Open for the Season
- Demolition officially begins on Rome parking garage
- Utica-Rome unemployment rates are down
- Utica Coffee Roasting delivers turkeys to Utica, Rome rescue missions
- Adirondack Speedway hosts first Slush Crush Derby