DEERFIELD – Beth Irons of the Oneida County Public Market joined NewsTalk Friday afternoon to share her Apple Dumpling Bake recipe.
APPLE DUMPLING BAKE
2 medium Granny Smith apples
2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup Mountain Dew soda
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Peel, core and cut each apple into eight wedges.
3. Unroll both tubes of crescent dough; separate each into eight triangles.
4. Wrap a triangle around each wedge. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
5. In a bowl, mix sugar, butter and cinnamon until blended; sprinkle over dumplings.
6. Slowly pour soda around the rolls (do not stir).
7. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and apples are tender, 35-40 minutes.