DEERFIELD – Beth Irons of the Oneida County Public Market joined NewsTalk Friday afternoon to talk about the market and share her recipe for Apple Maple Crumble Pie. Enjoy!
Apple Maple Crumble Pie
3 apples, cored and sliced
2/3 cup maple syrup
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 pinch salt
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar.
3. Stir in the flour, salt and oats.
4. Place 2/3 of the oat mixture in an 8x8 inch baking pan, press gently to cover bottom of pan evenly.
5. Place the apples in a layer on top of the oat mix layer.
6. Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the apples.
7. Drizzle the maple syrup over the apples.
8. Bake in preheated oven 35 minutes, until golden and bubbly and apples are tender.
Adapted from allrecipes.com