DEERFIELD – Beth Irons of the Oneida County Public Market joined NewsTalk Friday afternoon to share her Breakfast Pizza Roll recipe, which was a huge hit in the newsroom!
The next Oneida County Public Market will be Saturday, Jan. 27 inside Union Station in Utica. The market runs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every other Saturday during the winter.
Breakfast Pizza Roll
1 package pizza dough or a 1 pound package of sour dough bread
4 eggs, scrambled
½ pound bacon, cooked til crispy, crumbled
½ onion, diced
1 cup diced butternut squash
1 cup fresh spinach, full leaves
½ cup each shredded mozzarella, parmesan or your favorite cheese
Salt, pepper, olive oil for preparation
1. Scramble eggs, adding salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
2. Roll out dough into a large rectangle (9x13 or slightly larger)
3. Spread spinach, butternut squash and onion in even layers over dough stopping approx. ½ in. from the edge of dough all the way around.
4. Spread crumbled bacon on top of vegetable layers.
5. Top with shredded cheese.
6. Begin at one end and roll dough slowly (to not tear dough), pinching down the ends as you roll.
7. Once completely rolled up, slightly stretch end of dough up and over to seal the side. Do so gently so as to not tear the dough.
8. Place on a baking sheet, bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes until dough is golden brown.
9. Slice and serve hot.
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Breakfast Pizza Roll recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Dumpling Bake recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Strawberry Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Fresh Tomato Pie recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Nutty Maple Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' recipe for Summer Corn Salad
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Butter Spice Cake recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons shares her Honey Cake recipe