DEERFIELD - Beth Irons of the Oneida County Public Market joined NewsTalk this afternoon to share her recipe for Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins.
The next market will be Saturday, Dec. 9 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. inside Union Station in Utica.
CRANBERRY SWEET POTATO MUFFINS
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cold mashed sweet potatoes (without added butter or milk)
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
2. In a small bowl, combine egg, milk, sweet potatoes and butter.
3. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
4. Stir in cranberries.
5. Fill greased or paper-line muffin cups half full. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
6. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until muffins test done.
7. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
For eggless version: Use 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce in place of one egg. Some sources say to mix it with 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder. If you use sweetened applesauce, then reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe. Applesauce is also a popular healthy replacement for oil in many baked goods.
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Nutty Maple Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Strawberry Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cran-Apple Muffins
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Breakfast Pizza Roll recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Dumpling Bake recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Fresh Tomato Pie recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Butter Spice Cake recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' recipe for Summer Corn Salad