DEERFIELD – Beth Irons of the Oneida County Public Market joined NewsTalk Friday afternoon to share her recipe for Maple, Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Overnight Oats.
The next Oneida County Public Market will be Saturday, March 24 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. inside Union Station in Utica.
Maple, Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Overnight Oats
2 c rolled oats gluten-free
1 tsp vanilla
2 c almond milk (add more or less to taste/preference)
3 Tbsp brown sugar
¾ tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
¼ c pecans coarsely chopped (or nut of choice)
1. In four mason jars place equal amounts of the oats, vanilla and milk in each. Stir to mix well.
2. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and maple syrup.
3. Pour a quarter of this mixture in each of the jars over the oats. Stir to combine.
4. Refrigerate jars for at least 2 hours or overnight.
5. Just before serving, add pecans, dividing them evenly between the jars.
6. Serve with additional cinnamon and maple syrup, if desired, and enjoy!