DEERFIELD – Beth Irons of the Oneida County Public Market joined NewsTalk Friday afternoon to share her recipe for Nutty Maple Muffins and to discuss the market.
The Oneida County Public Market will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday inside Union Station in Utica.
NUTTY MAPLE MUFFINS
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup canola oil
2-1/2 cups Oatmeal Crisp Almond cereal
1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup chopped pecans
1. In a large bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream, syrup and oil
2. Stir in cereal. Let stand for 5 minutes.
3. In another large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and baking soda.
4. Stir in sour cream mixture just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
5. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
6. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.