DEERFIELD – Beth Irons of the Oneida County Public Market joined NewsTalk Friday afternoon to talk about the upcoming market and share her recipe for strawberry muffins.
The Oneida County Public Market is held 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday throughout the summer outside Union Station in Utica.
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/4 cups coarsely chopped fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
1. In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients.
2. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, yogurt, butter and vanilla.
3. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
4. Fold in strawberries.
5. Fill muffin cups coated with cooking spray or lined with paper liners two-thirds full.
6. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Strawberry Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Nutty Maple Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cran-Apple Muffins
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Fresh Tomato Pie recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Breakfast Pizza Roll recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Dumpling Bake recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Butter Spice Cake recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' recipe for Summer Corn Salad