UTICA, N.Y. -- Beth Irons of the Oneida County Public Market joined Jason Powles for NewsTalk to share a Super Bowl treat you might want to give a try on game day: Maple Bacon Smokies.
1 lb. mini hot dogs, patted dry
8 slices bacon, cut into 3" strips
1/4 c. maple syrup
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350° and line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Pat mini hot dogs dry with paper towel and wrap with bacon.
3. Place on baking sheet seam side down.
4. In a medium bowl, combine maple syrup with brown sugar and cayenne pepper.
5. Brush onto mini hot dogs and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until bacon is crisp. Serve.