UTICA, N.Y. -- Beth Irons, from the Oneida County Public Market, joined Jason Powles on NewsTalk, They were joined by special guest Tamara Cantarano, a local author. Beth also shared her recipe for Chewy Apple Oatmeal Cookies.
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup chopped dried apples
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
4. Stir in oats and apples.
5. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
6. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Let stand for 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons, local author talk books, cookies
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Butternut Squash Apple Bake
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cran-Apple Muffins
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Breakfast Pizza Roll recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Dumpling Bake recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Maple Crumble Pie
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Nutty Maple Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Strawberry Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Fresh Tomato Pie recipe