DEERFIELD – Beth Irons of the Oneida County Public Market joined NewsTalk Friday afternoon to share her recipe for Summer Corn Salad.
The Oneida County Public Market is held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday throughout the summer outside Union Station in Utica.
SUMMER CORN SALAD
4 ears fresh corn on the cob, cleaned and washed
1 (10.5 ounce) package grape tomatoes, halved
8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into bite size pieces
10 basil leaves, chiffonade (roll leaves and slice thinly)
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon fresh ground coarse black pepper
1. Cut corn off the cob, place into a medium mixing bowl.
2. Add tomatoes and mozzarella.
3. Sprinkle with basil. Set aside.
4. Add fresh lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper to a pint size canning jar.
5. Shake to combine.
6. Pour dressing over salad. Toss to combine.
Serve and enjoy!
If making ahead; prep the salad and the dressing and wait to pour dressing over salad until ready to serve. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
You can cook the corn if you prefer. The acid in the lemon juice will mellow out the starchiness of the corn and create a fabulous flavor.
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' recipe for Summer Corn Salad
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Breakfast Pizza Roll recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Strawberry Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Fresh Tomato Pie recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Dumpling Bake recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Nutty Maple Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons shares her Honey Cake recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Butter Spice Cake recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies recipe