UTICA, N.Y. -- Beth Irons of the Oneida County Public Market joined NewsTalk Friday afternoon to share her Honey Cake recipe.
1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup honey
2/3 cup oil
½ cup fresh brewed strong coffee, cooled
2 large eggs
¼ cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
2 tablespoons whiskey or bourbon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in the middle position, oil one 9x3x3 loaf pan
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, baking powder and ginger.
3. In another separate bowl, whisk together honey, coffee and oil until well combined.
4. In a large bowl, beat together eggs and brown sugar until well blended.
5. Add the honey mixture and the whiskey/bourbon and blend.
6. And flour mixture and mix until all ingredients are just combined.
7. Pour batter into loaf pan (batter will be thin) and bake for 30 minutes.
8. Cover loosely with foil and continue to bake until sides pull away from pan or a tester comes out clean when inserted in the center of loaf (about another 30 minutes).
9. Cool on a rack for about an hour, run knife around edges to loosen from pan and turn onto serving plate.
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons shares her Honey Cake recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Butter Spice Cake recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Dumpling Bake recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Strawberry Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Fresh Tomato Pie recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Breakfast Pizza Roll recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Nutty Maple Muffins recipe
- Beth Irons' shares Veggie Squares recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins recipe