It’s almost Halloween and local orthodontists are advising children with braces to stick to chocolate to avoid getting candy stuck in the metal.
Dr. Leah Nomatova-Pinkhasov, a local orthodontist, says hard, sticky, and chewy candies are more difficult to remove from braces and should be avoided if possible.
While eating a lot of sugar in one sitting is not normally recommended, Dr. Paul Caruso says kids are better off eating Halloween candy that day rather than spreading it out over long periods of time. Caruso says if teeth are bathed in sugar constantly, cavities are more likely.
- NewsTalk: Kids with braces should avoid sticky, chewy Halloween candy
- NEWSTALK: Halloween in Westmoreland
- Halloween Candy Sale & Party Saturday
- Newstalk: Kids Heart Challenge
- 'Cans for Candy' Halloween drive to benefit youth baseball club
- Newstalk: Staffworks
- NewsTalk: Camp Turk summer program for kids
- Mug Club: Candy Cane Lane
- 2018's top Halloween costumes for kids, adults and pets
- Local Halloween Events