A winter storm watch is in effect for all of Central New York for Saturday afternoon into Sunday afternoon.
Light snow develops tonight and continues into Friday morning. Overnight lows in the teens. Accumulation of one or two inches. Snow showers come to an end Friday morning, with partly cloudy skies in the afternoon. Highs in the low 30s.
Dry to start the weekend with mostly cloudy skies Saturday morning. Snow develops Saturday afternoon, becoming steadier and much heavier Saturday night. Very heavy snow is expected early Sunday morning, with snow tapering off as we head into Sunday evening.
Temperatures are expected to remain cold this weekend, with highs in the teens. The wind picks up substantially Sunday afternoon, creating the potential of blowing and drifting snow. Snowfall totals look to be near a foot, perhaps more, for our area.
Bitterly cold weather is expected on Monday, with partly sunny skies and highs only in the single digits. With the wind, wind chills are expected to be well below zero. Light snow looks to return on Tuesday and Wednesday, with temperatures climbing into the teens on Tuesday and low 30s on Wednesday.
- NewsTalk: Meteorologist Jill Reale breaks down weekend winter storm
- NewsTalk: Unadilla National This Weekend
- Newstalk: Benefit for Officer Jeff Winters
- Newstalk: Staffworks
- Winter Storm Wednesday
- Winter storm expected Friday...
- A spring to winter weekend
- New York meteorologist fired after using racial slur on air
- NYSDOT prepares for winter storm
- Newstalk: Benefits of selling your home in winter