DEERFIELD – Oneida County Sheriff Rob Maciol joined NewsTalk this afternoon to talk about the increased patrols that will be happening during the New Year’s Eve holiday weekend.
In addition to regular patrols, deputies will out in full force this New Year’s Eve weekend to crack down on drunk driving. Maciol says that whether it’s calling an Uber, having a designated driver or another option, law enforcement just want you to have a plan.
“We have zero tolerance for folks who choose to drink and drive,” Maciol said. “I’ve said it before – if you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to drink and drive, that’s my business.”
The goal this holiday weekend is to keep the roadways safe for everybody in the community. For more from Sheriff Maciol about New Year’s Eve safety, watch the above video.
- NewsTalk: Sheriff Maciol talks New Year's Eve safety
- Sheriff Rob Maciol talks snowmobile safety as winter weather arrives
- Sheriff Maciol shares 12 Christmas safety tips this holiday season
- AAA, Sheriff Maciol stress driving safety as kids head back to school
- Sheriff Rob Maciol, Jodi Warren from CFLR talk 'crushing' opioid epidemic
- Oneida County Sheriff Rob Maciol announces re-election bid
- Sheriff Maciol : Counting of absentee ballots could take days
- Maciol sworn in for third term as Oneida County sheriff
- Oneida Co. Sheriff Rob Maciol recognizes members for last year's successes
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office talks importance of boater safety