DEERFIELD, N.Y. – Beth Irons of the Oneida County Public Market joined NewsTalk Friday afternoon to share her Sweet Potato Muffins recipe.
1 1/8 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups peeled, shredded sweet potato
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease muffin tins to hold 12 muffins.
2. Whisk together brown sugar, oil, vanilla and eggs in a small bowl.
3. Mix together the flour, baking powder, spices, salt, and grated sweet potatoes in a large bowl.
4. Make a well in the center, and pour in the egg mixture.
5. Stir the egg mixture, gradually incorporating it with the flour mixture.
6. Stir in the raisins and walnuts
7. Spoon the batter into the tins. Fill each tin to the rim if you want a large cap.
8. Bake the muffins for 25-30 min. or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
9. Take the muffins out of the oven and run a paring knife carefully around each muffin, then invert the pan, and knock one edge against your work surface to release the muffins.
10. Serve warm.
- NewsTalk: Sweet-Potato Muffins
- NewsTalk: Sweet Potato Bars
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Cran-Apple Muffins
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Nutty Maple Muffins recipe
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Strawberry Muffins recipe
- Harried Housewife: Pumpkin Doughnut Muffins
- Harried Housewife: Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- The Harried Housewife: Coffee Cake Muffins
- Newstalk: Staffworks