Cornell cooperative extension of Oneida County 4-H and the NY Farm Bureau are proud to once again bring Agricultural Literacy week to the students of Oneida County.
Now in its 14th year, agricultural literacy week has helped to bring agriculturally themed books and resources into thousands of classrooms and libraries throughout New York State.
Oneida County volunteers will read a book with an agricultural theme to K-3 graders. Students and teachers will also benefit from hands-on lessons and receive follow up activities. The book will be donated to the school or classroom library.
Last year volunteers read to over 1,000 youth in Oneida County, this year volunteers will be reading to over 2,000 k-3rd grade students.
Following the reading youth will have the opportunity to create a classroom farmers market where some youth will act as the farmer while others act as consumers.
2019 Agricultural Literacy week begins Monday, March 18th and runs through Friday, March 22nd.
- Newstalk: Agricultural Literacy Week
- NewsTalk: National Public Library Week
- Newstalk: Staffworks
- Choosing a career in agriculture
- Agricultural Development Council works to solve problems
- US Secretary of Agriculture visits local farms
- Local first responders head to agriculture class
- Hoedown raises money for agricultural scholarship
- Program aims to engage youth in agriculture
- NewsTalk: Abigail's Athletes