The second annual Farming Your Future takes place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Wednesday, May 16, at the Herkimer County Fairgrounds in Herkimer.
Farming Your Future is an opportunity for students in grades 7-9 to explore careers in agriculture. Students will have hands-on access to exhibits in the agriculture field and interact with local professionals in the industry.
Oneida County Sheriff Robert Maciol, who is also a farmer, will be the opening speaker at the event. Erick Haas from Cazenovia Equipment will be doing a drones presentation near the end of the event.
Hundreds of local students will be attending and visiting our more than 30 exhibits.
Some examples of confirmed exhibitors for this year's event include the New York State Farm Bureau, the Mid-York Beekeeper Association, the Oneida County Soil and Water Conservation District and the State University of New York at Cobleskill.
Farming Your Future is primarily for students in grades 7-9 – not open to general public attendance.
We are still looking to add exhibitors for the event who would be able to talk to students about their agriculture careers. If interested in being an exhibitor, call Herkimer BOCES at 315-867-2077 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're from a local school and still want to send students, please reach out to the same contact info.
More info can be found at www.herkimer-boces.org/fyf
- Newstalk: Farming Your Future
- NewsTalk: Family Farm Day
- Drones: The Future Of Farming?
- Candella's Farm & Greenhouses joins us for Newstalk
- The future of small dairy farms
- Newstalk: Staffworks
- Shawna from Candella's Farm and Greenhouses joins us for Newstalk
- Students explore agricultural careers at annual Farming Your Future event
- NewsTalk: Abigail's Athletes
- NewsTalk: Go the Distance