Utica NY— Tomato Pie Day is scheduled for Saturday April 6th from 12pm-4pm at the Parkway Center 220 Memorial Parkway – Utica
Tomato pie has been a staple in for generations.
For more information on the event, you can visit :
The event is sponsored by Bank Of Utica, EJA Moving, Excellus
I Love Utica, is hosting the City's 3rd annual "Tomato Pie Day! It's a day for our community to come together taste the different tomato pies from area pizzeria's and bakeries.
It's truly a family event with interactive attractions from Utica's Herocon, CNY Roller Derby, A Magician and a special performance from the House Of Good Shepard Hand Drum ensemble.
Admission includes free tastings from all the tomato pie vendors and a chance for you to cast your vote and determine who has the best tomato pie in the city.
Saranac will also be at the event sampling their soft drinks and other beverages to the public.
New to 2019: This year we are introducing "local celebrity" judges the panel consists of well known community figures as well as trained chefs who will help determine the best sauce, the best crust and the most unique tomato pie.
Tickets are $3.00 in advance on the website Iloveuticany.com and $5.00 at the door.
Tomato Pie Makers Competing include:
• Roma's Sausage & Deli
• Napoli's Italian Bakery
• Salvatore's Bakery
• Tony's of Washington Mills
• Utica Bread
• Charlie's Pizza/It's a Utica Thing
• Oliveri's Pizza
• Ramon's Bakery
• Grande's Pizza
• The Pizza Box ... and Many More!
Other Attractions At Tomato Pie Day
• Interactive Display - Utica's HEROCON
• Drum Circle - House of The Good Shephard
• CNY Roller Derby Girls
• Magician Jonathan Charlz
• Face Painting
• Hair Braiding
• Kids Activities
• Vendors and Crafters Selling Goods
- Newstalk:Tomato Pie Day
- Utica celebrates Tomato Pie Day
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Fresh Tomato Pie recipe
- Thousands attend Tomato Pie day in Utica
- NEWSTALK: 'A Bad Year for Tomatoes'
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons' Apple Maple Crumble Pie
- Everything you need to know about this year's Tomato Pie Day in Utica
- New Hartford native Matt Abdoo talks tomato pie on Today Show
- Newstalk Aviation Day
- NewsTalk: Drug Takeback Day