UTICA, N.Y. -- Mohawk Valley Garden CEO and Comets President Rob Esche told the Oneida County Legsilature on Wednesday that the Nexus Center is expected to be ready by December.
Dirt is moving next to the Adirondack Bank Center on Whitesboro Street. The Nexus Center will be a multi use sports recreation center mostly used for hockey, box lacrosse and box soccer.
"All in all I think everyone will see a great project when all is said and done." Esche said.
During his presentation to the Legislature, Esche said the center could bring in approximately $26 million through tournaments.
The project to build the Nexus Center is estimated to cost $40 million.
- Nexus Center expected to open in December
- Plans for Nexus Center push forward
- AUD Authority purchases Tartan Textile property for future Nexus Center
- Utica's Nexus Center slated to bank $22M from state budget
- Subcontractors gather for Nexus Center meet-and-greet
- Revenue from hotel tax increase will help fund Nexus Center
- Officials break ground at site of new Nexus Center sports complex
- Job Orders: December 3 – December 7, 2018
- Job Orders: December 10 – December 14, 2018
- Job Orders: December 17 – December 21, 2018