UTICA, NY - Over nine pounds of marijuana was seized from a Utica home according to State Police. On November 22, a search warrant was executed at 103 Seward Avenue, Utica. In addition to marijuana, investigators say they found multiple grams of cocaine, methamphetamine, a scale, packaging material, $6,000 cash, and a 2010 Mercedes.
Investigators charged Blake D. Benedict, 23, of Utica with criminal possession of marijuana. The investigation in ongoing and more charges are pending. Benedict is on probation for a 2014 arrest.
State Police were assisted by members of the Utica Police Department.
- Nine pounds of marijuana found in Utica drug bust
- 2 people charged following Utica drug bust
- Utica man accused of driving with more than 6 pounds of marijuana in vehicle
- Drug bust leads to cross-border tunnel
- Investigation by Rome police leads to drug bust
- Investigation leads to drug bust near Oneida school
- 2 facing felony drug charges in Utica
- 2 Utica residents facing drug, weapon charges
- Man sentenced for marijuana, money laundering scheme involving Utica area
- State officials to host listening session regarding marijuana in Utica